International Data Privacy Day - Jan 28th, 2017
About Data Privacy Day: Respecting Privacy, Safeguarding Data and Enabling Trust is the theme for Data Privacy Day (DPD), an international effort held annually on January 28 to create awareness about the importance of privacy and protecting personal information.
Data Privacy Day began in the United States and Canada in January 2008 as an extension of the Data Protection Day celebration in Europe. Data Protection Day commemorates the Jan. 28, 1981, signing of Convention 108, the first legally binding international treaty dealing with privacy and data protection. Data Privacy Day is now a celebration for everyone, observed annually on Jan. 28th.
The National Cyber Security Alliance (NCSA) assumed leadership of Data Privacy Day from the Privacy Projects in August 2011. A nonprofit, public-private partnership dedicated to promoting a safer, more secure and more trusted Internet, NCSA is advised by a distinguished advisory committee of privacy professionals.
Data Privacy Day 2017 Champion: In 2016, nearly 500 Champions – both organizations and individuals – took action in support of privacy and protecting personal information.The Data Privacy Day (DPD) Champion program is a way for organizations and individuals to officially show support. Champions represent those dedicated to respecting privacy, safeguarding data and enabling trust. Being a Champion is easy and does not require any financial support.
WISP is proud to be an official Data Privacy Day 2017 Champion!
Become a Data Privacy Day 2017 Champion
- Attend a Data Privacy Day Event
- Register to become an official indidual Data Privacy Day Champion!
- Share the get involved in NCSAM 2016 infographic
- Sign up for the National Cyber Security Alliance (NCSA) mailing list to stay up to date with NCSA and partner news, events and initiatives
- Share tips and resources on social media using the hashtag #PrivacyAware
- Participate in the #ChatSTC Twitter chat at 3 p.m. EDT / noon PDT
- Follow NCSA on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram