Events Committee Lead
The Events Committee Lead will be responsible for event strategy, planning and execution. They will oversee the event plans from start to finish, and ensure that the Committee is successfully carrying out its duties. The Events Lead will ensure that key WISP partnership events are executed smoothly (e.g. DEF CON), and work with the Events Committee to brainstorm, plan and execute other events that align with WISP priorities, focusing on inclusion and practical experience.
- Lead and own event strategy start to finish - coordinate with vendors, volunteers, manage program and budget, to ensure fantastic experience for members.
- Document Event Plans in order to clearly assign tasks to each Committee member (Planning, Logistics, and Volunteer).
- Recruit, motivate and lead a Committee of volunteers.
- Schedule regular Events Committee meetings, develop agendas and facilitate Committee meetings.
- Communicate regularly with Committee members and event volunteers and monitor progress to ensure tasks are completed.
- Hold Committee members accountable for their tasks and the overall goals of the event.
- Actively seek input from the WISP Board, regarding WISP Events strategy and programming.
- Attend as many WISP Events as possible, and help the Committee members execute event plans and post-event follow up.
- Develop leadership skills as Committee Lead
- Network with industry experts
- Be part of a strong community
- Meet a diverse range of amazing people
- Help make a difference in the day-to-day life of the organization
- Give back to the community by supporting women in security and privacy
Desired Skills and Interests
- Self-starters, who can run with things but also not afraid to circle back to ask questions
- Positive, fun, and collaborative
- Attention to details
- Desire to plan and execute
- Great communication skills
- Prior event planning experience desirable
- Minimum 1-year commitment
Estimated time commitment
- +/- 3 hours per week, depending on volume of activity
- Participation in regular meetings and/or conference calls
- Attending WISP events
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send an email to [email protected]. Please include your bio and 3-5 sentences describing yourself, why you want to be involved, and how you could contribute. Also, please consider including a link to your LinkedIn profile.