Backend Software Engineer at Chronicle; Mountain View, CA, United States
Born from X, Alphabet's moonshot factory, Chronicle is advancing cybersecurity for enterprises of all sizes. We are dedicated to helping companies find and stop cyber attacks before they cause harm. We work with the entire security industry to give good the advantage in the fight against cybercrime. Joining experts in large-scale cloud computing, big data, machine learning, and cybersecurity, you'll help build out the next generation of security intelligence solutions.
Primary responsibilities for this role will be squarely focused on backend design and implementation, but some interest or experience with full-stack work and/or with user-facing product work is a plus. Most backend development will be in Go, Java and C++.
● Lead designs of major software components, systems, and features.
● Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software.
● Manage individual projects priorities, deadlines and deliverables with your technical expertise.
● Mentor and train other team members on design techniques, and coding standards
● BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
● 5 years of relevant work experience.
● Experience in software development in one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to: C/C++, Java, Python, or Go.
● Experience architecting and developing large scale systems processing data.
● Master’s degree or PhD in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field.
● Experience working with one or more from the following: Indexing and searching huge amounts of data, Infrastructure, Machine Learning, Front End Development, Security and Privacy.
● Strong familiarity with cyber-security (attacks, defenses), and experience analyzing/processing cyber-security-related big-data to derive useful insights
● Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed.
Apply on www.chronicle.security or direct link here