Technical Writer, Chronicle
Mountain View, CA, United States
Born from X, Alphabet's moonshot factory, Chronicle is advancing cybersecurity for enterprises of all sizes. We are dedicated to helping companies find and stop cyber attacks before they cause harm. We work with the entire security industry to give good the advantage in the fight against cybercrime. Joining experts in large-scale cloud computing, big data, machine learning, and cybersecurity, you'll help build out the next generation of security intelligence solutions.
As part of the Engineering team, you will be our first Technical Writer, responsible for writing customer-facing documentation for our customer base (from small to large enterprises). You will play a key role in directly helping our customers and partners better understand our SaaS solution. We are looking for a writer who enjoys communicating complex information clearly, concisely, and accurately. You will be the key link between engineers, UX, product, marketing, and customers. You will analyze and use customer feedback to continually improve product documentation. We're looking for an enthusiastic technical writer who can deliver high quality documentation for multiple Chronicle products and services and help set the standard for Technical Writing at Chronicle.
Due to the smaller size of our organization and rapid pace of growth and change, you will have cross-functional exposure at a company that moves quickly. The ideal candidate is someone who is comfortable operating in an organization that scales quickly; someone who loves variety in their work and who wants to get their hands dirty. You are a self-starter and bring innovative approaches to problem solving, to develop and propose new ideas, and actively participate in improving the quality of our content.
● Write, publish, and maintain customer-facing documentation, including references, online content, in-app guides, and tutorials, based on advanced concepts in the domain of cybersecurity.
● Edit, clarify, and proofread documents written by others, and coach non-writers on ways to improve their writing skills.
● Work closely with Product, Engineering, and Marketing to determine documentation requirements.
● Manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment.
● BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
● 5-7 years of relevant experience in the technical writing field having designed, authored and delivered online, technical, and user experience documentation in SaaS, enterprise security deployments and network infrastructures
● Familiarity with enterprise security deployments and infrastructures
● Ability to prioritize and succeed in a highly ambiguous environment with competing demands
● Excellent interpersonal skills, with proven ability to take initiative and build strong, productive relationships
● Interest or experience in leading a community forum
● Experience producing task-oriented documentation
● Familiarity with documenting APIs
● Strong technical writing skills, oral communication, and grammar skills
Apply on www.chronicle.security or direct link here.