Associate Privacy Officer Job Code: 2370
Stanford is one of the world’s leading universities, supported by diverse staff who share a passion for the University’s teaching, learning, research, and clinical care mission. At Stanford, you’ll find a pervasive culture of excellence, innovation, collaboration, and life-long learning. Explore some of the many perks enjoyed by our employees at https://benefits.stanford.edu/sweeteners.
In March 2019, we’re opening a brand new campus in Redwood City, featuring all new buildings, recreation center, dining pavilion, and central Bay Area location (see https://redwoodcity.stanford.edu). Along with many of the University’s core departments, the Privacy Office will be based at the Redwood City campus.
Privacy has emerged as one of today’s most important and dynamic fields. Fittingly, Stanford’s Privacy Office is a high-profile team and one of the few departments with University-wide purview. As such, team members gain broad enterprise perspective, assist in a wide variety of activities, and make meaningful contributions on a daily basis. Our mission is to protect the sensitive information entrusted to Stanford, and our success stems from an enduring commitment to transparency, inclusion, and pragmatism.
As an Associate Privacy Officer at Stanford, you will provide support for the Office’s many services and programs while gaining valuable experience with privacy assessments, investigations, incident response, and awareness programs. Along the way, you will frequently collaborate with University staff, faculty, researchers, and partner departments such as Legal and Information Security.
After a period of three months, this position is eligible for telecommuting up to two days per week. Full- time remote work (with quarterly onsite visits) is also a possibility.
• Support privacy operations and programs
• Provide privacy guidance on routine matters
• Participate in privacy assessments of projects, systems, and departments
• Promulgate best practices through awareness and training programs
• Participate in incident response and investigations
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree and two years of work experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Demonstrated growth mindset
• Proficiency in written and oral communications
• Strong analytical, organizational, and coordination skills
• Facile with online collaboration tools such as video conferencing, instant messaging, document management, wikis, calendaring, ticketing, etc.
Instructions to apply for this job:
1- Go to: https://stanfordcareers.stanford.edu/
2- Select search jobs
3- In search bar “find jobs by keywords” type in job position
4- Once on that page select the box “apply for job”