Technical Program Manager, Privacy
Google's projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus. As a Program Manager at Google, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating goals to project stakeholders. Your projects often span offices, time zones and hemispheres, and it's your job to keep all the players coordinated on the project's progress and deadlines.
As a Technical Program Manager, you will partner with Engineering and Product teams across the globe, working closely with Legal, Privacy and Management teams to evaluate Google’s products, services and infrastructure for privacy. Your experience in privacy, audit and compliance processes will be integral as you review projects through design, development and launch phases. You'll develop deep insights into the mechanics of how Google runs, working with other members of the team on impactful initiatives.
You will plan and execute technical delivery programs with cross-functional teams in various product areas. You'll dive in and learn Google's storage infrastructure and data protection technologies, and be able to translate technical issues into topics that can be discussed with functional leaders.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We're always on call to keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Partner with acquired personnel to build privacy engineering principles into organizations without disruption to innovation.
- Conduct product privacy vulnerability assessments and provide concrete feedback to mitigate challenges.
- Assist in responding to inquiries from product and business groups across the company regarding privacy and security requirements applicable to their activities.
- Ensure compliance with Google policies, laws and regulations relating to privacy and international data transfers.
- Partner with business stakeholders to drive privacy engineering considerations.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of experience in Program/Project Management.
- Experience in privacy, security, or compliance, and with privacy principles and relevant technologies.
- Experience collaborating with Attorneys, Software Developers, and Program Managers.
- Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science or related technical field.
- Ability to conceive of and accept responsibility for projects and complete full life cycle, and capability to work as an individual contributor as part of a larger team.
- Ability to lead through influence.
- Background dealing with privacy-related issues.
- Excellent problem-solving, consultation, organizational and project management skills, with the ability to deliver software product features.
Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Mountain View, CA, USA; San Francisco, CA, USA