Technical Program Manager, Security
San Francisco, CA
Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world’s creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
Our Engineering team is working to simplify the way people work together. They’re building a family of products that handle over a billion files a day for people around the world. With our broad mission and massive scale, there are countless opportunities to make an impact.
The Dropbox Security Team is seeking a seasoned Technical Program Manager. As a TPM at Dropbox, you’ll have the opportunity to define and influence the strategy and technical direction of one of the most exciting technology companies in the world.
The most successful candidates for this role will have strong analytical and planning skills, broad technical understanding of security domains. Examples include web-scale infrastructure, product security, SDLC, and bug bounties. You will have a deep passion for security-related issues, solid communication skills and a desire to solve complex problems at scale. You should be someone who’s capable of seeing the big picture, understand the interdependencies and constraints between systems and able to drive a project from start-to-end. We are particularly interested in TPMs familiar with networks, systems and internet security with prior experience driving complex projects to completion.
- You will create and manage project plans, monitor project progress and timelines, adjust schedules and plans as needed, and identify and resolve issues to ensure project success
- You will be responsible for determining necessary staffing for projects and working with key partners to deliver successful outcomes
- You will handle day-to-day execution of project implementations. Assist with the planning, tracking, documentation and status updates for the project
- You will exercise solid project leadership skills combined with strong business acumen and in-depth analytical skills
- You will participate in end to end implementation planning including project management, issue management, and change management
- B.S. in Business Administration and/or Information Technology or equivalent experience
- 3 - 10 years of related work experience
- Experience with project planning methods and tools
- Demonstrated project management skills with cross-functional teams
- Strong technical understanding and competency in at least one security domain
- Ability to implement robust and practical security requirements
- Passion for all things security
- Outstanding and effective interpersonal skills; along with strong communication skills both verbal and written
- PMP/PRINCE2 and CISSP certifications desirable, but not required
Benefits and Perks
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)