Senior Software Engineer, Security
We’re changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we’re a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it’s a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that’s just what we’re doing today. We’re thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we’re in for the long haul. We’re reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next. Uber's Security team works to ensure the security of all private, personal and payment information for our full set of users - riders, drivers and partners. Our ultimate goal is to ensure that every single experience with Uber is simple, secure, and safe. We are seeking experienced software engineers with a solid coding background. You will join either our Tools Access Platform or Privacy team.
Who you are
An ideal candidate shall own expertise and experience in software development and security engineering. You will build high quality software to potentially enhance internal tools, application protection or the user-facing features and internal services that give our users choice around their data, build trust, advance data privacy, and enable our business.
What you’ll do
● Develop high quality software to enhance application level security
● Drive the implementation and integration of tools and services for authentication, authorization, role based access controls, capability and policy management, auditing and compliance
● Your work will help Uber maintain and grow user trust as we deliver features that allow them to control their account, enable/disable features, and make informed choices about their data.
● Provide subject matter expertise on architecture and systems security
● Collaborate with other engineering & business teams to execute against the vision and roadmap
What you’ll need
● At least 5 years of hands-on coding experience in two of the following languages: Go, Java, C/C++, Python, Node.js.
● Ability to write high quality code: reliable, efficient, easy to debug and maintain
● A solid understanding of information security standards & methodologies
● Familiarity with security architecture, network protocols, cloud storage/computing, and software engineering practices
● Exceptional problem solving skills
● Architecture skills - You know how to build highly scalable, robust, and fault-tolerant services that support our unique rate-of-growth. You stay up-to-date with the latest architectural advancements. You understand how architecture impacts privacy and security.
● Passion - You feel ownership over everything you ship. You'd never call code "released" until you're satisfied it's well implemented and tested. You pride yourself on efficient monitoring, thorough documentation, and proper test coverage.
● Ability to distill complex security problems and drive toward creative solutions
● Strong organizational and relationship skills
● Familiarity with big data technologies: preferred
Note: By applying to this position you’re open to working in either San Francisco, CA or Seattle, WA
Uber is a proud supporter of WISP, OURSA, and the Diana Initiative
For more information email [email protected]