Software Engineering Lead, Product Security
At Cisco Meraki
Our mission at Cisco Meraki is to simplify technology so our customers can focus on what's most important to them: their students, patients, customers, and businesses. We’re making networking easier, faster, and smarter with technology that simply works. We have millions of devices deployed and because they are managed from the cloud, we are able to use real-time data to continuously improve the performance, stability and security of our products.
This job position is ideal for someone with embedded security experience and demonstrated leadership skills. The Product Security team plays a central role in protecting our customers’ networks and sensitive data. As leader of the team, you will help to drive the security vision for all of Meraki's products.
- Managing and leading a team of best-in-class engineers to identify and develop security measures across all Meraki product lines.
- Hiring and building out the team in support of Meraki's mission.
- Mentoring and facilitating professional development of team members.
- Designing, planning and executing on security features for Meraki devices.
- Performing technical design and code reviews.
- Collaborating closely with engineering peers and product managers.
- Staying ahead of threats and assessing their impact on Meraki devices.
- Investigating new security technologies, both hardware and software.
- Driving and evangelizing a program to increase education on security procedures and best practices across the organization.
- Establishing the necessary communication paths across internal and external teams to accomplish the mission of the product security team.
You are an ideal candidate if you have:
- A BS/MS/Ph.D in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience in system software development with an emphasis on security.
- 1+ years in a leadership role.
- A real passion for computer systems security.
- Experience with C/C++.
- Excellent communication and group presentation skills
- The ability to influence, facilitate and work collaboratively across teams.
- Familiarity with common software flaws that lead to exploits, and experience with techniques for securing embedded systems (e.g. ASLR).
- Experience with tools for auditing or reverse engineering computer systems (static analysis tools, protocol fuzzers, etc.)
- A strong background in fundamentals of cryptography.
- Experience with penetration testing and other security exercises.
- An understanding of the existing security support systems: CVE, Mitre, NVD.
Bonus points for:
- Familiarity with FIPS and PCI standards for computer and data security.
- Familiarity with ISO/IEC 27k standards, esp. ISO/IEC 27034-27040.