Data Ethics Specialist
San Franciso, CA
Detailed Position Description:
Build and grow strong partnerships with LiveRamp teams: Sales, Legal, Product, Marketing, and Technical teams
Serve as the Data Ethics representation in deal facilitation and client support inquires.
Work with the client service teams on compliance issues regarding privacy, data protection and the ethical use of data. Provide client support as needed.
Manage privacy issue vetting and resolution. Centralized in-take point for requests, complaints and comments from client stakeholders and other parts of the LiveRamp enterprise and external stakeholders specifically the consumer.
Administer compliance systems including Privacy Impact Assessment (PIA) preparation, data sourcing due diligence reviews, analysis, and credentialing.
Plan customer requirements with Sales, evaluate workflows from a technical and policy perspective for privacy implications, and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle.
Build and maintain our Data Ethics reference library that is our source of truth on the operation of our key data ethics program (e.g., PIAs, training material, client-facing documentation)
Administer periodic self-assessments and coordinate semi-annual assessment with external validation.
Convey knowledge and advocacy around privacy, data protection and ethical use of data considerations and obligations for each stakeholder group.
Assist with related training and education development and delivery.
As regulations evolve, assist with evaluation of impact to organization and facilitate product and solution changes in support of compliance obligation and consumer advocacy efforts
Assist various stakeholder groups in developing corresponding messaging and product positioning to support our privacy policies and obligations.
Consult on the onboarding of new products, custom workflows, and services into our Data Ethics framework
- Bachelor's degree with 2+ years experience or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with compliance programs including HIPAA
- Experience with the interaction between sales, privacy, and legal
- Project/program management experience
- Technical writing and data flow mapping experience
- Experience with client facilitation and sales support
- Ability to learn and effectively communication technical concepts
- Experience with privacy reviews and managing cross-functional projects
- Strong implementation experience in developing documentation across Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word, Google Drive, Salesforce