PENTESTER at RSM
- Link to apply: http://rsmus.jobs/tp/rj6-YJcP-y.K OR email your resume and questions directly to [email protected]
- Link to learn more about RSM’s Security and Privacy Risk Consulting group: https://rsmus.com/what-we-do/services/risk-advisory/security-and-privacy.html
- Locations are flexible but we have high needs in McLean, L.A., Houston, Atlanta, Tampa and Orlando
In order to address the most critical needs of our clients, RSM US LLP has established the Security and Privacy Risk Consulting group, comprised of more than 150 professionals dedicated exclusively to serving the cyber security needs of our clients. This group includes experienced consultants located throughout the country dedicated to helping clients with preventing, detecting, and responding to security threats that may affect their critical systems and data. We serve a diverse client base within a variety of industries, and we are relied upon to provide expertise within areas of security testing, architecture, governance, compliance, and digital forensics.
We are seeking individuals skilled at performing vulnerability assessments, penetration testing, and secure architecture reviews of a variety of operating systems, network devices, wireless solutions, and their related infrastructure.
Responsibilities will be based on background but will typically include:
- Perform analysis and testing to verify the strengths and weaknesses of client IT environments utilizing commercial and open source security testing tools
- Perform Internet penetration testing (blackbox/greybox /whitebox testing) and network architecture reviews (manual/automated)
- Perform other security testing tasks such as wireless penetration testing, social engineering campaigns (email, web, phone, physical, etc.), mobile application testing, embedded device testing, and similar activities meant to identify critical weaknesses within client environments
- Assist with the development of remediation recommendations for identified findings
- Identify and clearly articulate (written and verbal) findings to senior management and clients
- Help identify improvement opportunities for assigned clients
- Supervise and provide engagement management for other staff working on assigned engagements
- This position is for individuals with 1-6 years of experience within the cyber security space, with a preference for prior consulting or professional services backgrounds. Other candidates may be considered based on experience and skill sets.
- Ability to travel as needed
- Must possess a high degree of integrity and confidentiality, as well as the ability to adhere to both company policies and best practices
- Strong verbal and written abilities
- Strong multitasking and project management skills
Preferred qualifications that may vary by candidate:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field from an accredited college/university
- Technical background in networking/system administration, security testing or related fields
- In-depth knowledge of TCP/IP
- Two or more years of Perl, Python, Bash, or C experience
- Operating System Configuration and Security experience (Windows, HP-UX, Linux, Solaris, AIX, etc.)
- Configuration and Security experience with firewalls, switches, routers, VPNs
- Experience with security and architecture testing and development frameworks, such as the Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP), Open Source Security Testing Methodology Manual (OSSTMM), the Penetration Testing Execution Standard (PTES), Information Systems Security Assessment Framework (ISSAF), and NIST SP800-115
- Familiar with security testing techniques such as threat modeling, network discovery, port and service identification, vulnerability scanning, network sniffing, penetration testing, configuration reviews, firewall rule reviews, social engineering, wireless penetration testing, fuzzing, and password cracking and can perform these techniques from a variety of adversarial perspectives (white-, grey-, black-box)
- Experience with discovering, utilizing, and possibly writing exploits for such vulnerabilities as buffer and stack overflows
- Familiar with the logistics of security testing such as acquiring authorization for testing, reporting, risk analysis of findings, data handling, and legal considerations
- Commercial Application Security tools experience (Nessus, Nexpose, Qualys, Appdetective, Appscan, etc.)
- Open source and free tools experience (Kali Linux suite, Metasploit, nmap, airsnort, Wireshark, Burp Suite, Paros, etc.)
- One or more of the following testing certifications: Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH); GIAC Certified Penetration Tester (GPEN); Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP); or equivalent development or testing certification (ECSA, CEPT, CPTE, CPTS, etc)
- In addition, one or more of the following governance certifications is preferred: Certified Information Systems Security Professionals® (CISSP®); Certified Information Systems Auditor® (CISA®); Certified Information Security Manager® (CISM®)
- Strong leadership and communication skills, technical knowledge, and the ability to write at a "publication" quality level in order to communicate findings and recommendations to the client's senior management team
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.