Director of IT Security & Chief Information Security Officer at Herman Miller
You can make a salary. Or you can make a difference. Or you can work as the Director of IT Security and Chief Information Security Officer at Herman Miller and make both.
About this Opportunity
As the Director of IT Security and Chief Information Security Officer, you'll be responsible for the planning and development of an enterprise information business risk strategy, including cyber security, information security, legislature requirements (SOX404, HIPPA, etc.), and business continuity. You will collaborate with key business and IT leaders to develop security and business continuance standards and best practices and coordinate resulting action plans. You'll maintain strong relationships with the internal Business Risk Team, internal Physical Security Team, as well as the external Audit Team to ensure compliance to existing laws and regulations. You'll be responsible for maintaining a secure systems infrastructure environment, ensuring integrity and confidentiality without impacting availability. You'll also work in coordination with Senior IT Leadership to architect, recommend, and implement application and infrastructure solutions.
What You'll Do
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as you...
- Build and maintain relationships with key senior leaders, informing them of risks and strategic plans.
- Create and present quarterly reports to Senior Leadership.
- Maintain current knowledge of new legislation, technologies, and vulnerabilities that have an impact on the business.
- Manage the IT Security and IT Business Risk Teams.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
- Take responsibility for constantly evaluating cyber threats and associated responses.
- Take responsibility for creating and implementing strategic plans for IT Security and Business Continuity.
- Take responsibility for ensuring tools and/or technologies are implemented to maintain a secure IT environment.
- Take responsibility for leading all contract negotiations and reviews for IT Security and Business Continuity.
- Work as an Application Architect Consultant, bringing knowledge around security to proposed solutions.
Sound Like You?
You might be just who we’re looking for if you have...
- A Bachelor's degree in Business Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Business, or other related fields, or equivalent experience. A Master's degree is preferred.
- A CISO Certification (preferred).
- 10-15 years of professional level experience within Information Technology.
- Three to five years of experience in cyber security strategy, tools, and vulnerabilities.
- Three to five years of leadership experience leading multi-functional teams.
- Prior auditing experience (helpful).
- A demonstrated high level of written, verbal, and interpersonal skills to communicate information, ideas, procedures, and processes in a logical sequence and at a level appropriate to the audience, resulting in effective working relationships.
- An expert ability to think strategically and execute tactically. You must also be financially literate and possess well-developed business acumen.
- Demonstrated leadership competence as defined in Herman Miller's Leadership Competency Model.
- Knowledge of wired and wireless technologies, standards, and protocols, as well as knowledge of point of sales solutions and vulnerabilities.
- Proficiency in Software, Storage, Data and Network Virtualization (Hypervisors, NFV, multi-tenancy, and Public/Private/Hybrid Cloud, Orchestration).
- Experience in the design, integration, and implementation of IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS.
- Knowledge in Storage and Content/Application Delivery Networks.
- Proficiency in voice, video, and application technologies, standards, and protocols.
- The ability to perform all essential job functions of the position with or without accommodations.
Who We Are
At Herman Miller, our unique culture represents the collective attitudes, ideas, and experiences of the people who work here. We focus on protecting the environment, impacting our communities, exceeding the expectations of our customers through high quality products, and championing diversity in all areas of the business, and together we are on a journey toward a better world. We support the well-being of our employees in and outside of work by providing a variety of opportunities including award-winning work-life integration resources, development programs, complex health and wellness offerings, and much more.
Herman Miller is a globally recognized provider of furnishings and related technologies and services. Headquartered in West Michigan, we have relied on innovative design for over 100 years to solve problems for people wherever they work, live, learn, and heal.
Herman Miller is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer including veterans and people with disabilities.