Technical Support Engineer
McLean, Virginia or Dallas, Texas
The Technical Support Engineer is a key technical resource in the Support organization, providing expert guidance to customers and to other support engineers. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience with enterprise computing environments, distributed applications, and a strong knowledge and understanding of TCP/IP networks to include ASA, Palo Alto firewalls, Cisco, Juniper, and Brocade switches, along with solid experience in network security solutions. In addition, the candidate will have Advance Systems Administrator’s level of knowledge and understanding of all protocol layers and operating systems: Linux, Windows, and Mac OS. Advanced knowledge in the area of virtualization is strongly desired. The Technical Support Engineer will develop a deep understanding of ForeScout products and in-depth knowledge of environments in which they are deployed, and will use his knowledge and experience to solve technical problems for customers and to act as advisor to less experienced team members. The Technical Support Engineer completes assigned duties with minimal direction from Technical Services Leadership. Routinely acts independently while researching and developing solutions to customer issues. Acts as a technical point of contact and is repeatedly sought by others to provide specialty knowledge to assist them in their problem solving. Routinely monitors and develops knowledge assets to enable customer self-sufficiency.
- Provides complex technical support to customers, other ForeScout employees, and partners.
- Makes collaborative effort within the team to resolve complex customer issues.
- Participates in knowledge transfer with teammates through delivering formal team training sessions, brown bags and formal mentoring.
- Creates and reviews knowledge base articles and notes.
- Achieves a high level of expertise in all areas of the product.
- Provides knowledge transfer with teammates through formal team training sessions, brown bags, and mentoring of other team members.
- Capable of handling cases and escalations within guidelines.
- Capable of independently solving customer issues on-site.
- Liaison to Engineering on product issues including design, features, and defects.
- Occasionally travels to customer sites in emergency situations to solve technical problems.
- Understanding of enterprise computing environments, distributed applications, and a strong knowledge and understanding of TCP/IP networks to include ASA ,Palo Alto firewalls, and Cisco, Juniper, and Brocade switches
- Experience with design and configuration of ForeScout CounterAct is a plus
- Hands on experience in both Windows and Linux, Mac OSX platforms with a solid understanding of networking principals and security best practices.
- Understanding of the system hardening processes, tools, guidelines and benchmarks
- Industry Certifications such as CISSP, CASP, Security+, CEH, SANS (GCIA, GCIH, GREM, GPEN) is a plus
- Advanced Administrator’s level of understanding of Operating Systems (Linux, Windows, Macintosh, and UNIX) is a plus
- Computer Networking Systems Administrator’s level Knowledge of all protocol layers.
- Strong knowledge of enterprise networking environments.
- Expertise in debugging and root-cause analysis in complex systems and large environments.
- Experience installing, implementing and debugging network access control security solutions is a plus.
- Desired skills: VMware -VSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V, and PGSQL.
- Understating of programming languages: C, Java, and Perl.
- 3+ year’s technical experience in a support role (in an Enterprise-level support environment is a plus).
- 2+ years’ experience troubleshooting hardware related issues.
- Outstanding customer-facing skills.
- Expert ability to assess situations and adapt according to customer needs.
- Strong knowledge and experience working in a complex multi-team based technical support environment.
- Ability to troubleshoot heterogeneous environments.
- Capable of documenting problems and solution for internal as well external customers.
- Model documentation and case management practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent industry experience.
- CISSP certification or equivalent is a plus.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally when required