Everlaw is a group of PhDs, engineers, lawyers, and business professionals working to introduce elegant solutions to the legal market. We're a venture-backed, 75+ person startup with sustained 100% year-over-year growth and funding from top-tier VCs like Andreessen Horowitz.
We are deeply committed to the security of our data, the privacy of our clients, and the integrity of our company. We believe that clear, flexible, well-designed processes are the way to achieve these aims -- after all, belief in process is one of our company values. We are looking for the right person to support the implementation of Everlaw’s security and compliance program from top to bottom. This position reports to Everlaw’s VP of Security and Compliance.
- Collaborate with senior Security and Compliance team members to establish and implement processes (including routine office and technology audits and monitoring internal procedures)
- Lead team documentation of internal metrics and project tracking
- Assist with policy maintenance, including providing input into policy and procedure reviews and updating quarterly reports
- Support third-party audits and responding to security, compliance and privacy requests and RFPs from clients and prospects
- Work with internal teams to research and respond to compliance, security and privacy questions from staff
- Assist with regular risk assessments, including organizing recurring meetings, reviewing and implementing process changes, business and/or support function procedures and internal controls, and assessment and/or development of internal documentation
- Educate and engage Everlaw employees across all teams about policies and processes and help drive security awareness and a culture of security and compliance across all Everlaw teams
- You have strong self-directed work habits, exhibiting initiative, drive, creativity, maturity, and a love for details
- You have superb organizational skills and an innate urge to document
- You have excellent communication, interpersonal, and issue resolution abilities
- You are eager to work in a cross-functional role with the entire Everlaw team
- BA or BS at a minimum
- Authorization to work in the United States; please note that at this time, Everlaw is not sponsoring visas for any positions
- Plus: Project management experience and familiarity with compliance, security and privacy frameworks (e.g., AML, ABC, SOC 2, NIST, HIPAA, GDPR)
- Plus: JD, CCEP, CIPP, or other relevant degrees or certifications may be useful
- Competitive salary
- Substantial equity
- Retirement plan with company matching
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care expenses
- Maternity, paternity, and sick leave
- Seventeen paid vacation days, plus ten bankable federal holidays
- Reimbursement of bar membership (if applicable)
- Work in the East Bay, just steps from the BART line and dozens of restaurants
- Select your own hardware and customize your desk setup
- Bond over team lunches and out-of-the-box events
- Take advantage of learning and career development opportunities
- Voted "Best Workplaces of 2018" having one of the highest-scoring businesses with standout employee engagement
We help law firms, government agencies, and corporations sift through millions of documents of evidence in big lawsuits and investigations to find the proverbial smoking gun (or needle in the haystack -- pick your metaphor). It's a multi-billion dollar space typically dominated by service-oriented vendors, and we're coming at it with cutting-edge technology and elegant design.
It's working, and we've been growing very rapidly: we host scores of terabytes of data and work with all 50 state Attorneys General and hundreds of law firms on some of the most high-profile cases litigated today. If you’re looking for an open, democratic company culture that values passion, integrity, and a desire to learn, we want to hear from you.
Everlaw is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition, or any other basis protected by law. It is our policy to comply with all applicable national, state and local laws pertaining to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity.