Associate Counsel, Third Party Data Protection & Compliance
About The Job
Google is an ambitious company. To push the limits of technology we have to take some bold steps. It’s the job of our Ethics & Compliance team to help us manage daring moves successfully. As a part of this group, you strive to identify risk in a non-traditional and ever-changing business. Your work allows us to navigate the uncertain aspects of our business future in creative ways that stay true to Google's high ethical standards. As part of a team of whip-smart lawyers, you are a self-driven team player who is able to collaborate with colleagues in person or remotely. In this role, you’ll also work alongside local partners to better understand–and address–their business needs while staying true to your mission. This is a fantastic opportunity for any lawyer who enjoys a challenge, who has strong interpersonal skills, and a thirst for learning as much as they can about the business they support.
In this role, you will oversee and implement Google’s Third-Party Data Protection and Compliance program, responsible for the company’s due diligence operations of the program; monitoring and reporting on program compliance; development, implementation, and maintenance of policies and procedures; investigation and tracking non-compliance; and leading projects across stakeholders. We work closely with Legal, Information Security, Product teams, Internal Audit, Finance, and Privacy Governance (PDPO). Our team works at the crossroads of new technologies and existing laws to provide answers and help Google build innovative and important products for our users around the world.
Who We Are
Ethics and Compliance is a group of lawyers and compliance professionals who operate on a global stage. We work at the crossroads of new technologies and existing laws to provide answers and help Google build innovative and important products for our users around the world.
● Juris Doctor degree or equivalent practical experience.
● 3 years of experience as attorney, negotiating commercial and data protection agreements.
● Admitted to the bar and in good standing or otherwise authorized to practice law in California.
● Able to work from San Francisco or Mountain View, CA
● Experience working cross-functionally with stakeholder teams, including Legal, Information Security, Product teams, Internal Audit, Finance, and Privacy Governance.
● Ability to innovate and foster a culture of compliance and learning about vendor privacy risk.
● Ability to adapt to and work on a broad variety of matters.
● Provide guidance and assist in the identification of compliance risks. Implement and maintain organizational vendor privacy compliance processes and procedures in coordination with information security, internal audit, product management, and legal teams.
● Provide transactional support, draft, and negotiate data protection agreements for a variety of complex engagements, including commercial, employment, and enterprise area agreements. Provide privacy and information security specialist legal advice and subject matter resources required to support Google’s contracting efforts.
● Assist with procedures for vetting and auditing vendors for compliance with the privacy and data security policies and legal requirements.
● Assist in the design and implementation of compliance programs and initiatives.
● Educate and provide guidance material to internal stakeholders in a simple, easy to understand way about vendor privacy and data security issues.
Apply for this job at @Google Careers URL: