Senior Security Engineer
Formation is seeking a Senior Security Engineer to be responsible for ensuring the security and data privacy of Formation’s products, our clients and their end customers. As a Senior Security Engineer, you will help design, document, and implement our corporate security posture. This includes identifying security issues and working to resolve them individually or by coordinating with other teams as necessary.
Our mission is to use data to understand and serve human motivation, and to achieve aligned customer and company goals. Using Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence, Formation's Customer Goal Management platform provides organizations the ability to:
● Define and align business objectives with each customer’s goals
● Understand the individual’s motivations by analyzing every interaction and decision
● Provide increasingly relevant experiences that support each customer’s goals
● Automate the end-to-end marketing process
Our platform learns and adapts to people's preferences, habits, and feedback—orchestrating highly relevant experiences that are truly unique to each person. Our vision will change the way people engage across multiple industries, be it retail, finance, or healthcare.
● Help design, document and implement policies, procedures and controls to meet Formation’s security and compliance needs
● Work with key stakeholders from Engineering, Infrastructure, and Product Management to drive security design principles and into our cloud architecture
● Identify and drive remediation of application and infrastructure vulnerabilities
● Ensure that security is factored into the evaluation, selection, and configuration of hardware, applications and software
● Own threat management and security incident handling, including the coordination of investigations and reporting of security incidents to management, in alignment with business needs and regulatory requirements
● Provide support and guidance for legal and regulatory compliance efforts, including audit support
● Facilitate third party security assessments as needed
● Help advance security and privacy as core competencies throughout the company
● Ensure audit trails, systems logs and other monitoring data sources are reviewed periodically and are in compliance with policies and audit requirements
● Stay current with security technologies and threats by monitoring vendor and industry news and publications and attending training
Skills and Experience:
● Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related discipline
● 5+ years of experience in Information Security with demonstrated experience in building, implementing, and improving leading security programs
● Strong knowledge in technical foundations of modern public cloud computing security, application security, and networking security.
● Strong technical understanding of cloud security challenges and controls for building SaaS applications on Amazon AWS
● Experience with IT audit, information security, and compliance
● Experience in security design review and threat modeling a plus
● Strong written and oral communication skills including the ability to interact directly with internal customers who do not have an IT background
● Experienced at presenting security topics to internal audiences
Formation distills complex customer data into uniquely tailored experiences; we orchestrate physical and digital exchanges into one seamless journey. Our business is building lasting, trusted relationships between people and brands—and making it look easy.
We're already reaching millions of people a day, and we're just getting started. Our founding leadership is equal parts business, design, and engineering—because we believe differing perspectives + passionate discourse achieve the greatest outcomes. We are collectively talented, but also humble. We give our whole selves. We love learning new things.
Formation is committed to inclusion and diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
If you're up for the challenge of a lifetime, we're looking for outstanding talent to join our team.